Black Garlic Kale
- 2-3 cloves black garlic
- 3 cloves regular garlic
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp black truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 3-4 cups kale or other dark greens
- salt, red and black pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, heat regular garlic and onions in olive oil. After about a minute add black garlic and season with the salt, red and black pepper. When regular garlic and onions are translucent, add kale, truffle oil, balsamic and water. Cover for a few minutes to steam. Once the kale has wilted, toss it carefully to evenly distribute seasoning. Allow the kale to steam until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Creamy Cheese and Black Garlic Dip
- 1 tub of cream cheese
- 1 small pot of soured cream
- Half to one tablespoon of creamed horseradish (according to taste)
- 2 cloves of peeled black garlic – chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chives – snipped
- Salt and black pepper
Place all the ingredients with the exception of the creamed horseradish and snipped chives, into a food processor. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add the creamed horseradish according to taste. Stir in the snipped chives.
Black Garlic Linguine
- One portion of linguine
- 4 cloves of peeled black garlic – sliced
- A glug of extra virgin garlic oil
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs – chives, parsley and basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few slivers of fresh mild red chilli (optional)
- Cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat the garlic oil in the same pan. Add the black garlic, herbs and chilli (if using). Stir.
- Quickly toss in the linguine. Stir.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with a few whole fresh basil leaves.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy!!!